Sunday, May 8, 2011

Again, it's three fiestas in a day: Barangay Catmon, Niugan and Panghulo

As far as I'm concerned, it's official:  May is fiesta month in Malabon!

Including today's fiestas, seven barangays in Malabon have had their fiestas so far this month.  And between today and the end of May, another three barangays will be celebrating.

Skies were a little overcast this morning when I left the house to make my rounds - but I was determined to take a peek at all the barangay fiestas this year. And those grey skies were not enough, either, to dampen the festive mood in each of the barangays I visited!  All three barangays were celebrating the Feast of Sta. Cruz (Feast of the Holy Cross), but based on the streamers I saw, each had their own way of calling their feast day in the vernacular.


BARANGAY CATMON
Pista ng Mahal na Poong Krus


Catmon Chapel on Dulong Hernandez Street, Barangay Catmon.  Holy Mass must have been scheduled at around 9:00am because when the ladies saw me get down from the car at around that time, one of them asked me if the priest was already with me.  The streamer nearby mentions the fiesta dates as May  7-8, 2011.

XXX
Street dancers going through their moves at the other end of Hernandez Street.







XXX

BARANGAY NIUGAN
Pista ng Banal na Krus


Niugan Chapel on N. Vicencio Street, Barangay Niugan.  Participating in the parade were at least three marching bands and some barangay officials.  A streamer nearby announced the holding of a "Serenata "by the Cardona 8 Band in front of the chapel the night before.







BARANGAY PANGHULO
Pista ng Mahal na Senor Sta. Cruz


Panghulo Chapel on Panghulo Road, Barangay Panghulo.










XXX
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment