Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another discovery: the Malabon Hymn

I've just made another discovery: Malabon has its own hymn!

At this point I'm still trying to find out who the composer is. I was told that the singer is Mon Del Rosario but I have yet to confirm that.

But I'm eager to share the hymn with you pronto, so here it is!  When I confirm the singer and composer, I'll just add the info to this post.

MALABON HYMN

Ito ang bagong umaga
Bumangon na't magbikas
Tayong lahat ay patungo
Sa langit ng pag-unlad
Sabay tayo sa paglakad
Sabay ang ating yapak
Habang sa iisang tinig
Ganito ang ating awit

KORO:

MALABON, mahal nating bayan
Tayo ang siyang mga kawal
Walang kaba ang dibdib
Pagkat AKO, IKAW ay kabit-bisig

MALABON, ang ating tahanan
Dito ay may bayanihan
Isigaw natin sa daigdig
Tayo'y isang BAYAN, isang AWIT, isang TINIG.

(Repeat KORO)


So Friends, what do you think?


P.S. My thanks to GSD/Malabon City



ADDENDUM ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2010:
It's confirmed!  The Malabon Hymn was composed by Dr. Ramon del Rosario, Gintong Parangal Awardee, 1981. (From Tambobong to City of Malabon, Nonoy Marcelo, 2004)





.

2 comments:

  1. How I wish to hear the tune, the music of this Malabon hymn. How nice to have one - I am very proud to be from Malabon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous, Sorry I just read your comment today, and also found out that for some reason the audio of the MALABON HYMN that I embedded got removed. I don't know if there's an "expiry" when you put in audio. I've re-embedded it and I hope you get to enjoy our hometown's hymn now. Regards - Cecile M

    ReplyDelete